Assistant Product Manager - 14021
Date Posted: 2014-08-01
Department: Varietal Management
Reports To: Product Manager, Oranges
Location: Sherman Oaks, California
Salary Range: $70K - $90K
Job Code: APM/S.C - 14021
Functions & Responsibilities:
- SUNKIST GROWERS IS MOVING TO VALENCIA, CALIFORNIA SEPTEMBER 1, 2014. IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN WORKING IN THE SANTA CLARITA VALLEY, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY
- Assist Product Managers in the implementation of all sales planning operations and marketing activities and other duties as assigned.
- Provide analytical support to sales planning operations management including gathering of data and the preparation of sales reports and demand forecasts.
- Responsible for assisting in collating information and creating reports on sales, supply, demand, key competitor activity, “what if” scenarios, and others.
- Collation of information from internal and external teams that is required for marketing activity.
- Responsible for ensuring the Product Manager is kept up to date on business situation for pre-determined projects and activities.
- Assist Product Manager in developing annual sales and marketing plans ensuring they deliver overall category and business objectives.
- Monitors all aspects of distribution including sales activity, field production, packing, warehousing and inventory management, market conditions and competitive pricing.
- Assist Product manager(s) in all administrative matters pertaining to the Domestic and International Marketing functions, exercising discretion and independent judgment.
- Develop decision models and spreadsheets outlining daily/weekly/seasonal crop information in conjunction with Sales Operations.
- To maintain archive of relevant communications materials.
- Implement ad hoc category projects as agreed with the product manager.
- Additional tasks as assigned by Manager.
- Other duties as required
Contacts with Others:
Internal contact with Fresh Fruit Marketing, Sales Marketing and management. External contact with the shipping community and customers. Sales offices.
Bachelor Degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Business, Food Marketing, Finance or related field or equivalent.
- Six years experience in a complex analytical role or management position, including forecasting experience (Fresh food and/or produce experience preferred).
- Thorough knowledge of all financial components of product and marketing management, including product contribution margins, cost structure, profit and loss statements, budget processes, and return on investment calculations.
- Working knowledge of the integral relationship between the sales and marketing function.
- Must be highly proficient in PC particularly Excel, Access, and Power Point and data warehouse.
- Must have the ability to prepare speeches, presentations, and other materials for a high executive level.
- Ability to effectively work simultaneously on many priorities, which change frequently.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with several levels of staff and external contacts, both in writing and verbally.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet firm deadlines.
- Minimal overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to utilize discretion in making pricing decisions.
- Ability to handle difficult and complex high level situations in an effective manner.
- Ability to work under intense pressure and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Maybe it's our bright outlook on life. Or, maybe it's the happiness found in our many products. Whatever it is, Sunkist puts a fresh twist on all of its career offerings. Join our team and discover a freshly-squeezed, refreshing career.
Well now that all the boring stuff HR makes us put in the job description is out of the way, what is this job really about? We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas and a commitment to excellence. At Sunkist we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information, generating ideas and creative solutions, working in teams and developing people to add value.
Behind our history of innovation and commitment to market leadership is a company devoted to providing continued education, excellent benefits and good working conditions. We provide all the resources you need to support your professional development, including:
- A variety of choices for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- 401K retirement savings plan, Match
- Generous paid holiday and vacation benefits
- Internal and external training
- Generous educational assistance
- An open job posting system
Sunkist is an equal opportunity employer AAP/M/F/V/D
For more information about Sunkist, please visit our Employment page at: http://www.sunkist.com/about/employment.aspx
If you're ready to take the next step in advancing your career, we're ready
for you to join our team now! Qualified applicants should submit a resume to Sunkist Growers in one
of the following ways:
- Send an email to
Please include Job Code APM/S.C - 14021 in the subject line of your email.
- Fax your resume to (818)379-7339. Please reference Job Code APM/S.C - 14021 on your fax cover sheet.
- Mail your resume to:
Human Resources Department
Job Code APM/S.C - 14021
Sunkist Growers Inc.
P.O. Box 7888
Van Nuys, CA 91409-7405
If you have any questions, please call Shar'ee Straw at (818)379-7339.
Sunkist is an equal opportunity employer AAP/M/F/V/D