“100 Years of Sunkist Smiles®” Photo Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
In celebration of 100 Years of the Sunkist brand, consumers within the 50 United States and the District of Columbia are invited to submit a photograph online of themselves with a Sunkist Smile - Sunkist orange wedge in the mouth. Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, ages 18 and over (19 in Alabama and Nebraska) as of the date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where otherwise prohibited, taxed or restricted. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. This contest is sponsored by Sunkist Growers (“Sunkist” or “Sponsor”).
How to Participate:
1. Visit www.sunkist.com between 12:01 a.m. PT on 2/20/08 and 11:59 p.m. PT on 5/15/08 and click on the “100 Years of Sunkist” icon. Follow on-screen instructions and you will be directed to a special page to submit your original photo and 25-40 word caption.
2. All entrants must have a valid e-mail address. In case of dispute as to identity of the winner who enters online, entry will be declared made by the registered user (meeting eligibility criteria) of the e-mail account, and if a prize is won, it will be awarded to that registered user.
3. Entrants may enter more than once but each entry must be unique and follow the requirements listed or entry will be disqualified. Sunkist Growers is not responsible for lost, illegible, misdirected or late submissions. All entries become the property of Sunkist Growers and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Captions must be between 25-40 words.
2. Each entry must be original, unpublished, the sole property of submitter (or if the photo was taken by someone other than entrant, entrant has acquired all rights necessary to use and submit the photo in connection herewith), and not previously submitted in any other contest, include only persons who have consented to appearing in the photo and who have agreed to allow all use of the photo (including their appearance in the photo) as provided in these rules, and may not infringe upon any third party rights and any third parties appearing in the photo (other than entrant) have given entrant appropriate consent to be photographed and used as permitted herein. No copyrighted material may be incorporated in the photo without permission from the copyright owner. Any violation of the copyright laws will result in the removal and forfeit of entry.
3. Photos are (INSERT IMAGE RESOLUTION REQUIREMENTS) must be 200-300dpi and in .jpg format.
4. Each entry must include: entrant’s full name, street address, city, state, zip code and telephone number. Entries must include email address.
5. At the judges’ discretion, entries including unsuitable content or that are in violation of third party rights (including, but not limited to, copyrights) will be immediately disqualified.
1. Judges will select the winners from all eligible entries received.
2. Entries will be judged on three factors:
a. Creativity (40%) – For example, participant(s) in image wearing traditional attire and/or standing in front of a local landmark; participants from multiple generations, etc.
b. Fun Factor (30%) – For example, photo image and caption make you smile.
c. Quality of Image (30%) - Image is sharp and in focus.
3. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email on or about 6/13/07.
Prizes: One (1) grand prize winner will receive a trip to any destination in Asia, to be taken before December 31, 2008, so long as not in violation of any local law and within prize package specifications. Prize package is not to exceed $10,000 and will include coach travel accommodations plus spending money and a supply of Sunkist citrus. (ARV up to $10,000). Winner is responsible for all expenses not listed herein, including without limitation, meals, taxes, upgrades, gratuities and incidental expenses. Five (5) runners-up will each receive a digital camera and a one month supply of Sunkist citrus (ARV $250 per prize).
No cash substitutions for prizes will be permitted and prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable except at sole discretion of sponsor. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Sunkist Growers reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Total ARV for all prizes combined is $11,250.
By entering the Contest, entrants accept and agree to these rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final. Winners will be required to sign a Winner’s Agreement and Release and return it by date specified in notification letter or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and another winner may be selected. Return of any prize or notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected.
By submitting an entry, entrant agrees to allow use of his or her name and entry for advertising and promoting this or similar promotions, including posting of their first name and last initial on the Sunkist Web site, without compensation unless prohibited. By participating in this Contest, all entrants hereby assign and transfer any and all intellectual property rights in and to their respective entries (including, but not limited to copyrights) to Sunkist, and waive any moral rights in the entry, to the full extent permitted by law. Entrant also agrees and acknowledges that Sunkist may edit and publish/post the entry prior to use, and that the entry is entrant’s original work, and that Sunkist’s use will not violate any third party’s rights. All entries and all rights of ownership and publication of same will become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Other Conditions: Sponsor assumes no responsibility for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures of any kinds, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Contest, in its entirety or in part should virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest by any technical or human errors which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the transmission of this Contest at any time and award the Prize from among eligible entries received prior to the date of the withdrawal. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Web site or to be acting in violation of the Rules.
Use of Data:
1. The person who enters the contest must be 18 years or older (19 in Alabama and Nebraska) however participants in the photo image may be younger with parental consent.
2. Sunkist Growers and its affiliated companies, representatives, agents or employees are not responsible for, and shall be indemnified by the prize winner against, any claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, use, misuse, possession, or loss of the prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Subject to all Federal, state and local laws.
Winner’s List: For a copy of the winner’s list, send a self addressed and stamped envelope to: 100 Years of Sunkist Contest Winners’ List, 6500 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1900, Los Angeles, CA 90048. Requests must be received by July 31, 2007. This offer may not be published elsewhere without written consent from Sunkist Growers.