Blood Orange Curd
Time: 20 minutes
- In a large metal bowl, combine the whole eggs, egg yolks, sugar, Sunkist® lemon zest, freshly squeezed Sunkist lemon juice and Sunkist Moro blood orange juice. Whisk with a wire whisk.
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water, while making sure it does not touch it.
- Whisk continuously, for about 4 minutes until nicely thickened like a pie filling. Be careful not to let the mixture get too hot or it will get scrambled.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the cold butter and salt.
- Let cool to room temperature then cover and refrigerate until needed.