Blood Orange Honey Compote
PREPARATION: 5 minutes
COOKING: 35 minutes
- Rinse Sunkist® blood oranges well and cut ends off. Quarter and then cut into thin slices, removing any seeds.
- Combine orange slices and water in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until water is bubbling around sides of pan.
- Add honey and cook about 25 – 35 minutes, until orange peel is tender and compote is reduced to a thick jam-like consistency.
- Serve warm or chilled. Store leftover compote in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
• To add a savory note, toss in a sprig of thyme when cooking.