Cara Cara Navel Orange Zested Waffles
NICK JOLY, INSPIRED BY NICK, TORONTO
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- Pre-heat or plug in your waffle iron on low-medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine your flour, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar. Whisk together well.
- In a medium bowl, combine your almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Mix well, and pour into the center of your dry ingredients.
- Whisk the above ingredients thoroughly until there are no lumps.
- Next, add in your juice of half an orange and your orange zest. Mix well within your batter and get ready to pour the batter into your iron.
- When your waffle iron is ready to cook, ladle your waffle batter in one serving at a time.
• Try topping the waffles with extra Cara Cara Navel orange slices, fresh berries and maple syrup.
• This recipe works well with other orange varieties too – try Navel, Valencia or blood oranges.