Skip to content
Preserved Meyer Lemon
- With a vegetable peeler, peel off outer citrus rind trying to keep pieces large as possible.
- Place rinds in a pot and fill with just enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil at high heat. As soon the mixture boils, strain off the water.
- Using the same pot, repeat this process 2 more times.
- Juice the peeled lemons into a measuring cup.
- Combine juice and equal part sugar in small saucepot. Warm juice to dissolve sugar.
- Once sugar is dissolved, add the 3x blanched rinds to the syrup. Cook at low temperature until rinds are tender.
- Place in a container with lid and refrigerate for future use.
- Combine all ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Served chilled or at room temperature. This salad is better made 1 day in advance to allow marinating.