By April Sins, MS, LDN, RDN
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- Cut off the points on each side of the lemon without penetrating the flesh of the fruit; just enough to make a flat end that the lemon can stand on. Cut lemon in half across the belly.
- Carefully run a knife around the interior of the lemon to loosen the flesh and scoop out the contents and place into a bowl.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 with all lemons.
- Set the empty lemon shells aside and place the lemon flesh and juice into a blender. Add banana, honey and ice into the blender.
- Blend until the texture is smooth.
- Add the mixture into each of the lemon shell “cauldrons.”
- Place the cauldrons onto a pan and place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove the cauldrons from the freezer when the mixture has a slushy texture and serve. Cauldrons can also be served immediately without freezing if desired.