Meyer Lemon Tofu and Chicken Soup
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- Heat a medium-sized sauce pan over medium-high heat, add the green onions and ginger to the pan, stir until fragrant but no color. Season the chicken breasts with salt and add to the pan.
- Add the water and stir to combine. Poach the chicken until cooked, about 3-4 minutes, skimming the surface of the broth as the chicken cooks.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the liquid; allow to rest at room temperature. Once cool enough to handle, shred the chicken meat with your hands, or two forks.
- Remove the green onion from the broth. Add in tofu, shredded chicken, chicken soup powder, and Meyer lemon juice and zest. Season soup with salt and white pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, divide soup into four bowls; garnish with the Meyer lemon slices, green onions, and fresh coriander.