By Brandi Milloy
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and move rack to lowest position.
- Place turkey on roasting pan and pat skin dry.
- Put butter in a bowl. Add citrus zest and mix.
- Remove leaves from half of the rosemary, thyme and sage and chop. Add chopped herbs to butter and mix. Rub citrus butter all over outside of the turkey, plus the chicken drumsticks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice lemon and orange in half and place inside of the turkey cavity. Add remaining herbs inside turkey cavity as well.
- Roast for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, place chicken drumsticks inside of cavity and cover bird with foil. Continue cooking for 1-2 hours or until internal temperature in thickest part of breast reaches 165 degrees F.
- Rest for 15 minutes. Use skewers to attach chicken drumsticks along the side of the turkey. Serve and enjoy!