Spiced Orange Cake with Greek Yogurt Whip
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes
- Cut the oranges into slices. Repeat with the remaining oranges.
- With a sharp knife cut a thin slice off the ends of each orange. Then cut the rind off the orange all the way around, using downward cutting motions.
- After you have cut away all the rind and white pith from the oranges, cut them into 1/4-inch slices and flick out any seeds.
- Place the orange slices in a large, shallow glass baking dish, sprinkle with the orange liqueur.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the sugar, water and vanilla extract.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and boil for 1 minute. Let cool, then pour the syrup over the sliced oranges.
- Cover the oranges with plastic wrap and let them marinate, refrigerated for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
Greek Yogurt Whip
- Place the cream and granulated sugar in a medium bowl, whip with a whisk until peaked.
- Slowly fold in the Greek yogurt, orange zest, and chopped rosemary.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve with the cake.
Spiced Orange Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F°.
- prepare a 12 cup Bundt cake pan (pan spray and flour) and set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer or other large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, spices, orange zest and juice, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. With a paddle attachment (or whisk if doing by hand) mix on medium speed until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed with a spatula.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 35 - 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick/cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Then turn cake out onto a rack to cool thoroughly. Store cake covered, at room temperature.
- Serve slices of cake topped with Glazed Oranges and dollops of Greek Yogurt Whip.