Spinach & Apple Salad with Warm Meyer Lemon–Bacon Vinaigrette
Time: 20 minutes
- Place spinach, apple and onion in a large, heat-proof bowl and refrigerate until ready to dress salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the freshly squeezed Sunkist® Meyer lemon juice, mustard, sugar, pepper, salt and olive oil. Set vinaigrette aside.
- In a small nonstick pan, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until three-quarters done, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir for about 30 seconds, making sure not to brown the garlic.
- Add the reserved vinaigrette to the hot pan.
- Immediately remove from heat and pour over reserved spinach mixture. Toss until salad is well coated with dressing.