By Brandi Milloy
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice 3 Sunkist Navel oranges in half and use a pairing knife and spoon to remove flesh and white pith. Place orange halves in casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, zest remaining 2 Sunkist Navel oranges. Using a citrus juicer, squeeze juice into a bowl. Add almond extract, half and half, eggs and maple syrup. Whisk ingredients together.
- Toss croissant pieces with mixture and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Carefully scoop croissant mixture and fill Sunkist Navel orange halves. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through, being careful not to burn. If bread puddings start to brown early, cover with foil and continue baking.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with more zest if desired.