• Prep Time: 2 hours
  • Cook Time: 12-14 minutes

Number of servings

Danish Dough ingredients

  • 1541 grams bread flour (11.7% protein)
  • 39 grams salt
  • 92 grams sugar
  • 32 grams yeast - instant, gold
  • 739 grams water - cold
  • 308 grams butter
  • 790 grams tourage

Cara Cara Curd ingredients

  • 750 grams Sunkist Cara Cara juice
  • 750 grams sugar
  • 780 grams eggs
  • 3 Cara Cara 0ranges, zest
  • 650 grams butter - soft
  • 1 gram salt

Ricotta Filling ingredients

  • 50 grams Sunkist Cara Cara juice
  • 25 grams sugar
  • 2 Cara Cara oranges, zest
  • 450 grams ricotta cheese

Maple Glaze ingredients

  • 100 grams WhistlePig Maple Syrup
  • 100 grams neutral glaze
  • 25 grams water

Danish Dough


  1. In mixer fitted with a dough hook, add flour, sugar, and yeast. Turn on and salt.
  2. At 1.5 minutes slow speed mount the RT butter in four stages.
  3. Scrape sides of the bowl while dough is developing.
  4. Dough should be pulled while still “shaggy”, but should be homogenous.
  5. Shape dough into an even rectangular shape, cover the surface with plastic wrap and chill until firm.
  6. Once firm, laminate with tourage butter, performing 3 simple folds.
  7. Allow dough to rest in refrigeration prior to sheeting to final thickness and shaping, or wrap book tightly and freeze for future shaping

Cara Cara Curd


  1. Bring juice, zest, salt and sugar to a simmer over medium heat.
  2. While blending with an immersion blender, add previously blended eggs in a steady stream into vortex created by blender.
  3. Cook over low heat, mixing continuously with blender until thickened and temperature reads 179-180F.
  4. Immediately pass through chinois, and add to butter.
  5. Blend butter into curd until fully homogenous.
  6. Use immediately or place plastic wrap on surface and chill to firm.

Ricotta Filling


  1. Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a 5 Qt mixer fitted with a paddle and mix until completely smooth.

Maple Glaze


  1. Heat Neutral glaze to 70C, mix in syrup and water until homogenous.
  2. Keep hot to use or store under refrigeration.

Cara Cara Maple Glaze Danish


  1. Sheet finished Danish dough to 4mm thickness X 16.5” width
  2. Cut dough to 4” squares with a 2.75” (70mm) round cut 75% through the center of the dough. Dip your cutter in flour prior to each cut to facilitate removal of center round later.
  3. Proof the completed Danish squares until doubled in height.
  4. Carefully remove the top 75% of the round center cut – leaving approximately 25% thickness of the outside dough in the bottom.
  5. Using a pastry bag fill in the space with 55g/ 2 Oz of ricotta filling.
  6. Egg wash the outside frame of dough taking care not to wash the sides of the dough where the lamination is visible.
  7. Bake in a convection oven, 360F, low fan speed, until fully cooked and well colored (approximately 12-14 minutes).
  8. Remove from oven and once cooled pipe an even ¼” layer of Cara Cara curd on top of the ricotta layer.
  9. Garnish with fresh supreme of Sunkist Cara Cara oranges and candied orange zest.
  10. Glaze with warmed Whistle Pig maple syrup and serve.