Coconut Lime Cashew Energy Balls
PREPARATION: 20 minutes
- Tear up the apricots and put in a small bowl; toss with the lime juice and hot water, and press the apricots into the liquid with a fork. Let soak for 10 minutes.
- Place the apricot mixture and liquid, zest, turmeric, ginger, oats, flax seed and coconut oil in a food processor and process until mixture just comes together.
- Add the flake coconut, cashews and pumpkin seeds and pulse until seeds are broken down and chopped into the mixture.
- Portion the mixture into heaping tablespoons and roll into balls, then roll in desiccated coconut to coat.
- Store refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Bring to room temperature before enjoying.
• These are also delicious when made with lemon – or try a combo of both lemon and lime.