Cara Cara Navel Orange Ice Flake
Preparation: 10 minutes
Inactive time: 5 hours
- To make simple syrup, combine ingredients in a small sauce pan. Over medium-high heat, heat just until the sugar dissolves. No need to boil. Remove from heat and allow syrup to cool at room temperature. Once cooled, store syrup in a covered container and keep in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- To make the ice flake, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Pour mixture into ice cube trays. Freeze trays for 5-7 hours, or until cubes are frozen solid.
- Remove frozen cubes from the freezer and let sit at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes. This will help with crushing the ice.
- Working in batches, fill a blender cup half-full with the frozen cubes. Pulse the cubes until the mixture resembles crushed ice. You may need to pulse between blender settings. Repeat with remaining frozen cubes. Store crushed ice in a container for up to one month in the freezer.
- When ready to serve, divide the crushed ice into chilled bowls; serve with your choice of ice cream and red bean paste.