Chicken Wings with Meyer Lemon Tea Glaze
Preperation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- In a medium bowl, combine ingredients for the marinade; whisk well to dissolve the sugar and salt.
- Toss the chicken wings in the marinade. Let rest for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight, in the fridge.
- When ready to cook chicken wings, in a large pot over medium heat, add enough oil to pan to fry the chicken.
- Drain the chicken wings from the marinade and coat in cornstarch.
- Fry the wings in small batches over medium heat until cooked through. (Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the wings.)
- Allow wings to cool slightly on a wire rack. Right before serving, drizzle over the Meyer lemon tea glaze.
Meyer Lemon Tea Glaze
- To make the tea glaze, in a small sauce pan, bring water to a boil and add the tea bags and Meyer lemon slices. Allow tea to steep for 20 minutes. Then squeeze the tea bags and discard along with the lemon slices. Add sugar and bring mixture to a boil, heat until the tea mixture thickens. Allow to cool to room temperature. When cooled, add freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice. Set aside.