Chocolate Valencia Orange Almond Crescent Rolls
Preparation: 5 minutes
Baking : 12 – 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine almonds, freshly grated Sunkist® Valencia orange zest and chocolate chips.
- Separate crescent rolls into 8 triangles and place about 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest mixture toward base of each triangle.
- Roll dough up around filling and arrange crescents, point side down, on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 – 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheet and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine orange juice and powdered sugar in a small bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Drizzle glaze and top with a touch of freshly grated orange zest over cooled rolls.
• For a flavor twist, switch out the almonds for hazelnuts.