Creamy Vegan Citrus-Turmeric Bars
Nick Joly, Inspired By Nick, Toronto
Preparation: 25 minutes
Freezing: 3 hours
- Mix all base ingredients into a food processor until you have a dough-like consistency.
- Line a 9x9 tray with parchment paper, and line the bottom with your base using hands or a spatula.
- Set aside in fridge to firm up.
- Mix all ingredients into a food processor, until you achieve a consistent liquid filling. (A few lumps are okay.)
- Using a spatula, add this layer to your base, and set aside in the fridge.
- In a shallow bowl, peel your citrus and begin to chop down into little pieces.
- With a fork, press down to extract juice and fillings, until you get one consistency.
- On the stovetop, over medium heat, add pressed citrus with maple syrup, and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the topping layer to the bars chilling in the fridge and spread evenly.
- Move to freezer and freeze for approximately 3 hours before cutting and serving.