Skip to content
- With a vegetable peeler, peel off outer citrus rind trying to keep pieces large as possible.
- Place rinds in a pot and add just enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil at high heat. As soon as the mixture boils, strain off the water.
- Using the same pot, repeat this process 2 more times.
- Juice peeled fruit into a measuring cup. Combine juice and equal part sugar in small saucepot. Warm juice to dissolve sugar.
- Once sugar is dissolved, add the 3x blanched rinds to the syrup. Cook at low temperature until rinds are tender.
- Place in a container with lid and refrigerate for future use.
- Place milk and grapefruit zest in saucepot, sprinkle gelatin over the liquid. Let stand 3-5 minutes to soften gelatin.
- Stir over medium heat until the gelatin dissolves, but milk does not boil.
- Add yogurt, honey, sugar and a pinch of salt. Stir until sugar dissolves, approx. 5-7 minutes.
- While still warm, pour evenly between 6 ramekins or small bowls. Place in refrigerator, uncovered. Let chill for 4-6 hours, or until firm.
- When ready to serve, garnish with grapefruit segments, preserved grapefruit zests and liquid, chopped salted pistachios and a drizzle of olive oil.