LEMON CHICKPEA ORZO SOUP
By Jessica Bippen, RD
Preparation: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add onions and carrots, sauté until onions are translucent; about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the chickpeas, broth and water.
- For added creaminess, scoop out two cups of the soup making sure to include some chickpeas. Add to a blender and blend until smooth. Add the blended soup back into the pot.
- Bring the soup to a boil. Add the orzo and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook at a low boil for 8-10 minutes, or until orzo is tender.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and spinach. Stir until the greens wilt.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.