Orange Crispy Rice Cereal Treats
By Beau Coffron
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
- Zest the peel of one Sunkist orange and juice the orange.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
- Add in Sunkist orange juice, zest, vanilla extract, and marshmallows. Stir until marshmallows are melted.
- Add crispy rice cereal. Stir until cereal is coated.
- Cover 9x13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add cereal mixture into the pan and spread evenly. Press down on the top of the bars with a sheet of parchment paper to make them flat.
- Let cool for two hours.
- Once the mixture cools holiday cookie cutters can be used to create festive shapes.
- For a finishing seasonal touch, decorate with candy, icing, sprinkles, or candied orange peels.