4-Ingredient Taquitos With Mandarin Salsa
by Jasmine Briones
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line or grease a large baking sheet. Set aside.
- Add refried beans and taco seasoning in a medium-sized bowl. Mix until uniform and set aside.
- Heat tortillas until they are pliable and easy to work with. You can do this by heating them directly over a medium flame on a gas stove top for about 10-20 seconds per side, or by placing them on a microwavable plate covered with a damp paper towel before microwaving for 30-seconds until they are warmed through.
- Spread 1 large tablespoon of the refried beans at the end of a tortilla and sprinkle about a half tablespoon of vegan cheese on top.
- Starting at the end with the filling, gently roll the tortilla into a tight cigar shape. You can secure the seam side of the taquito with a toothpick, or place the taquitos seam side down on the baking sheet to prevent it from unraveling.
- Continue until you have used up all of the filling. Be sure to place the taquitos evenly on the baking sheet.
- Spray the taquitos with oil, then place them into the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Remove from oven and cool before serving.
- While the taquitos are baking, prepare the mandarin salsa (recipe below).
- Top the taquitos with vegan sour cream and mandarin salsa as desired, and enjoy!
- Segment the Sunkist® Gold Nugget mandarins.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully slice off the top and bottom of the Sunkist® Gold Nugget mandarins.
- Lay the orange cut side down and using even downward strokes along the sides of the orange, slice the skin away from the flesh and discard.
- Remove any remaining white pith.
- Cut between the membranes of the orange to segment, retaining any juices to add into the salsa.
- Add the mandarins, their juice, and all of the salsa ingredients into a large bowl and mix until uniform. Adjust seasonings to taste.