Alaska Cod with Lemon, Soy, Honey Glaze
Prep & Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Zest the lemon into a bowl then cut the lemon into wedges.
- Combine the lemon zest soy sauce, honey, oil, ginger and red pepper flakes in a broiler-safe baking dish or pan (about 8 inches by 8 inches).
- Add Alaska cod to the dish, turning fish over to coat all sides.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes to marinate. For a richer taste, marinate the cod for up to 4 hours in the refrigerator. When ready to bake, set the cod on the counter for 15 minutes to take the chill off.
- Set broiler temperature to high; move oven rack to 7 inches below the broiler element.
- Turn cod in marinade again just before broiling, and tuck in any thin cod end pieces to prevent overcooking.
- Cook just until cod is opaque throughout, about 5-8 minutes.
- Spoon cooked marinade over the cod and serve with lemon wedges.