Blood Orange and Bourbon Glazed Ham
Recipe by Chef Bruce Kalman
Preparation: 1/2 hour
Cook: 3.5 hours
- Preheat to 325 degrees F.
- In a sauce pot, combine all ingredients, except for the ham, and whisk together. Turn the heat to medium high and cook until it has a glaze consistency, about 5-10 minutes.
- Pat the ham dry if too wet. Gently score the ham in a criss-cross pattern, and brush 1/2 cup of the prepared glaze all over.
- Cover ham loosely with aluminum foil to prevent drying out or burning.
- Bake for 2 - 2 1/2 hours to an internal temperature of 125-130 degrees F.
- Remove roasting pan from the oven and remove foil. Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Brush 6 tablespoons of glaze over the ham and bake for 20 minutes, brushing ham with additional 6 tablespoons of glaze every 6-7 minutes. Repeat 3 more times. Glaze should turn into a rich, deep golden color.
- Remove roasting pan from oven and place ham on a large cutting board. Cover loosely with foil and let ham rest for 20 minutes before slicing.