Skip to content
- Zest 5 oranges and put zest aside.
- Juice all 10 oranges and set juice aside.
- Put half of freshly squeezed orange juice aside to use later.
- In a small saucepan, briefly sauté the zest over medium heat until fragrant, then put cooked zest aside.
- Pour juice of 5 oranges into saucepan and add a pinch of sugar, cook over medium heat and reduce by about half. Then add zest to the juice.
- Remove the orange juice and zest from heat and set aside.
- Add 8 cups water, cloves and cinnamon sticks to a large pan and bring to a boil. Let boil for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add black tea and steep 10 minutes. Use a strainer to separate cloves, cinnamon sticks and tea from the mixture. Return strained liquid to pan.
- Add reduced orange juice and zest mixture, remaining freshly squeezed orange juice, pineapple juice, lemon slices, sugar and an additional 2 1/4 cups of water.
- Heat tea mixture to desired temperature and serve.