Grapefruit Avocado Power Bowl with Orange Turmeric Quinoa
Preparation: 20 minutes
Orange Turmeric Quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa in a strainer under cool water. Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Add the quinoa and stir, cooking for about 1 minute
- Then stir in the turmeric and ginger.
- Add the water, orange juice and salt. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low, and cover. Cook for about 12 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 more minutes covered. Fluff with a fork.
- While the quinoa is cooking, segment the grapefruit: with a sharp knife, cut a thin slice off ends of the grapefruit. Then cut rind off all the way around, using downward cutting motions. Trim off all remaining white pith. Hold grapefruit over a small bowl, and with a small paring knife, cut out grapefruit and orange segments, capturing any extra juice in the bowl. Discard any seeds.
- Divide the greens and quinoa between 4 bowls.
- Arrange the grapefruit and remaining ingredients over the top. Drizzle with the grapefruit juice (whisk in a little olive oil if desired).
- Sprinkle with pepitas.
• Toss the garbanzo beans with a little olive oil and chili powder or smoked paprika for extra flavor.
• Crumbled feta is a tasty addition to this bowl as well.