Lemon Kuih Bahulu
By Sally Camacho Mueller
Preparation: 30-40 minutes
Cooking: 20 -25 minutes
- Using an electric mixer, combine eggs, sugar, honey, zest, vanilla, and salt. Whip until light and airy.
- Sift cake flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream and lemon juice. Alternate folding in sifted ingredients. Do this in 2 increments. Lastly, fold in the warm butter all at once. Allow mixture to sit for 2 hours before use.
- Prepare kuih bahulu molds by brushing them with melted butter.
- Pipe with a piping bag or spoon in batter into prepared molds.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Take out of oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Remove from mold and enjoy warm or at room temperature.
• Mixture best made one day in advance of baking.