Lemony Roasted Cauliflower with Pesto
Preparation: 5 minutes
Roasting: 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Juice and zest one lemon and set aside. Cut the other lemon into wedges for garnishing, and set aside.
- Cut the core out of the cauliflower, and then break or cut into medium size florets. Place in a large bowl and drizzle with the lemon juice and olive oil. Toss to coat well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay out cauliflower in a single layer, on a non-stick baking sheet pan (reserve the bowl).
- Roast for about 12- 15 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile whisk the lemon zest and the pesto together in the reserved bowl. Add additional pesto to taste.
- Remove the cauliflower from the baking pan with a spatula and add it to the pesto bowl. Toss gently. Serve immediately with lemon wedges for squeezing.
• Great served as a side dish or as a component of a power bowl. Delicious hot or cold!