Lime and Ginger Carrot Soup
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 35 – 45 minutes
- Heat olive oil in a 3-quart saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and carrot and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add fresh ginger and coriander and stir in for 30 seconds.
- Add freshly squeezed Sunkist® lime and Valencia orange juices and broth.
- Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to medium-low and cook covered about 20 – 30 minutes, until carrots are tender.
- Remove pan from heat and in small batches, carefully puree soup in a blender until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
• Drizzle with a touch of sour cream or dollop with Greek yogurt for a creamy finish.
• For a fun garnish, top each serving with curls of rainbow carrot.