ORANGE CHOCOLATE MARBLE CAKE
By Alexa Fernando
Preparation: 30 mins
Cooking: 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 12-cup bundt pan with softened butter (not melted) and thoroughly coat with flour.
- Cover with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge while preparing the cake batter.
- For the dry ingredients: Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Mix thoroughly then weigh and divide equally into half. Set aside.
- For butter mixture: In an electric mixer, blend butter until creamy. Add sugar gradually until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, making sure each egg is thoroughly incorporated before adding the next. Add Sunkist Cara Cara orange zest. Divide mixture equally into half.
- For chocolate mixture: Melt dark chocolate in a double boiler. Set aside. In an electric mixer at low speed, slowly and alternately add half of the dry mixture and ¾ cup of freshly squeezed Sunkist Cara Cara orange juice to one half of creamed butter mixture. Add and fold in melted chocolate.
- For orange mixture: In an electric mixer at low speed, combine remaining half of dry mixture and butter mixture. Add 3/4 cup orange juice until incorporated. Set aside.
- To assemble: Pour 1 cup of chocolate mixture in the bundt pan then 1 cup of the orange mixture. Repeat the process with remaining mixtures. Make sure the pan is no more than 2/3 full. Use a spatula to smooth the top.
- To bake: Place pan in preheated oven and bake for about 40-50 minutes. Cake is done by inserting a toothpick and it comes out clean. There should also be a nice crust. Let cake cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare the glaze by combining all ingredients and mixing thoroughly. Using a saucepan over low heat, melt mixture until sugar is dissolved.
- Once cooled, flip the cake upside down then pour glaze on top. Finish with fresh Sunkist Cara Cara orange slices and dark chocolate drizzle.