Skip to content
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, break up the almond paste. Slowly, add cubes of cold butter to the almond paste and combine.
- Add sugar and orange zest, paddle to combine.
- In a bowl, combine egg yolk, orange juice, and almond extract. Whisk to mix together and add to butter mixture. Scrape bowl all the way down to the bottom to ensure all is mixed in.
- Mix in flour, sea salt, and almonds all at once. Stir with paddle on low just to combine.
- Roll dough into a log and refrigerate for 2-4 hours until firm.
- Slice cookies from chilled dough roll about 3/8 of an inch thick.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 12 sliced cookies on a sheet tray.
- Cut round orange slices into quarters. Sprinkle ¼ cup granulated sugar onto the slices. Place a quarter slice of orange onto each cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool prior to eating.