SOFT PUMPKIN COOKIES WITH ORANGE GLAZE
By Jessica Bippen, RD
PREPARATION: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
Soft Pumpkin Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or a stand mixer, combine cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar. Beat in the egg and pumpkin until well combined and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and pumpkin spice. Stir together until evenly combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Add the grated orange zest. Mix until well combined. The dough will be wetter than most cookies, similar to a thick cake batter. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
- Use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to place the dough on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. The cookies are done when the edges start to golden and the tops are slightly firm.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let them sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- While the cookies are cooling, combine the powdered sugar or powdered monk fruit in a bowl with the fresh orange juice and orange zest.
- If needed, add 1 teaspoon of orange juice at a time until the glaze is thin enough to easily coat the cookie yet not watery.
- Once cookies are cooled, add 1 to 2 teaspoons of orange glaze to each cookie. Garnish with additional orange zest or a sprinkle of cinnamon.