Skip to content
- With a vegetable peeler, peel off outer rind of the oranges to keep pieces large as possible.
- Place the rinds in a pot and add just enough cold water to cover them. Bring to a boil at high heat. As soon as the mixture boils, strain off the water. Repeat this process 2 more times.
- Juice the peeled oranges. Combine juice, sugar, port, vinegar, water and rosemary in small saucepot. Simmer until rind is tender enough to puree, approx. 15-20 minutes.
- Place in blender and puree on high until smooth. Store glaze in a container with lid and refrigerate for future use.
- Preheat oven 350F. Pre-season tenderloins with salt and pepper.
- Heat a 12-14” sauté pan to medium heat, add 2 ounces of vegetable oil. Allow 1-2 minutes for oil to get hot.
- Add pork tenderloins to hot sauté pan, searing 2-3 minutes on all sides.
- Remove from sauté pan and place on a resting rack on a sheet tray. Glaze heavily with blood orange-rosemary glaze.
- Cook in 350F oven, roughly 20 minutes, to an internal temperature of 145F. Remove from oven; allow meat to rest before cutting.
- Tenderloin can also be chilled and sliced thin. Use extra glaze as a sauce or to accompany the thinly sliced meat in a sandwich.