Roasted Pork Loin with Orange Spice Rub
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 27 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Pat the pork roast dry with paper towels.
- To make the rub, combine the fennel seed, Sunkist® orange zest, thyme leaves, red pepper flakes, shallot, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, mustard and olive oil and in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Smear the pork on all sides with the rub, being sure to use it all.
- Place roast on rack in roasting pan and cook for about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours, or until a meat thermometer registers 160°F.
- Remove roast from the pan to a platter and let sit for 10 minutes before carving. Meanwhile, begin making the sauce.
- Place the hot roasting pan on a burner and add 1/4 cup of the water and the Sunkist orange juice, scraping up all the pan drippings from the bottom of the pan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and whisk in sour cream.
- In a small cup, whisk together the cornstarch and remaining 2 tablespoons water to make a slurry, and then whisk it into the sauce.
- Cook until sauce is thickened and has come to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Thinly slice the pork and serve with the sauce.