Citrus Ginger Soba Noodle Salad
by Jessica Bippen, RD
Preparation: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Boil for 5-7 minutes to al dente (cooked firm to the bite) for best texture.
- Drain noodles and rinse in cold water. Place in large bowl and allow noodles to come to room temperature.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and add frozen edamame, cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add in snap peas and boil another 1-2 minutes.
- Strain edamame and peas and rinse with cold water.
- Remove snap peas. Cut each in half at a diagonal.
- Peel the Sunkist® Cara Cara oranges and cut them into segments by sliding a knife between the white pith of each segment.
- Toss room temperature noodles with edamame, snap peas, shredded cabbage, orange segments and dressing (recipe below).
- Season to taste with more orange juice, lime juice, sesame oil or tamari, if needed.
- Mix in chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve noodle salad topped with additional chopped green onions and sesame seeds. Store in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- In a sealable jar, combine orange juice, lime juice, tamiri, toasted sesame oil, ginger and garlic.
- Tightly close lid on the jar and shake vigorously to combine.